This is one of my absolute favourite soup recipes. It is extremely cheap and easy to make and is full of flavour. It uses a range of superfoods to ensure you are full and nourished all afternoon long. The ginger and lime give it that little zing against the creaminess of the coconut milk.
CARROT AND COCONUT SOUP
Prep Time Cook Time
10 minutes 20 minutes
This deliciously healthy soup, incorporating a range of different fresh flavours and superfoods will keep you glowing throughout the day with all its nutritional qualities.
Recipe Type: Lunch
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp of coconut oil
- 8 carrots
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 inch of fresh ginger
- 1 lime
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1 to 2 tsp of curry powder
- 3 cups of vegetable stock
- 2 cups of coconut water/coconut milk
1. Slice the onion and garlic and fry lightly in the pan with the coconut oil.
2. Add the carrot, sweet potato and ginger for a couple of minutes to soften.
3. Add the 3 cups of vegetable stock. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat and simmer until the vegetables are soft.
4. Once soft use a liquidiser or handheld blender to blend into a smooth consistency. Add the 2 cups of coconut water/milk along with the cumin, lime and curry powder.
5. Gently stir the mixture until all the ingredients are mixed together.
6. Garnish with some oil, pumpkin seeds and chill flakes.