There are somethings in life that you just can’t control. Right now I’m suffering serious control issues with these Almond Butter Bars. I am in a constant battle with my head telling me ‘only eat one Amy’!! They are so blooming delicious that there is a serious danger of me tucking into the entire slab of bars. I’m not sure if it is just physiological but I have been eating a bar before going to the gym and the energy that they are giving me is amazing. Before, I was feeling slightly sluggish but after gobbling one of these 40 minutes before I really feel like I have 20% extra energy. I guess its all in the almonds. So, I know all your interested in the recipe rather than me blabbing on so here is it. Make and enjoy!!
Prep Time Fridge Time
10 minutes 1 -1 1/2 hour
1h 10 minutes
Moreish Almond Butter Bars that will keep you going just that little bit longer.
Recipe Type: Snack
- 1 cup of puffed quinoa
- 1 cup of nut butter (i used homemade almond butter)
- handful of chopped almonds
- 1/2 dried cranberries
- 1 inch of grated ginger
- 2 tbs of coconut oil
- 3 tbs agave syrup
- 1/2 pumpkin seeds
- pinch of salt
- 1 bar of dark chocolate
- desiccated coconut to top
1. Mix the puffed quinoa and almond butter together until all the quinoa is covered.
2. Add the chopped almonds, cranberries, grated ginger, pressed or melted coconut oil, pumpkin seeds, salt and agave syrup. Mix until the mixture clings together.
3. Using a tin with baking paper, press the mixture out until it forms a long shape maybe 1cm deep. Press with a spoon to make sure the mixture is compact.
4. Put into the fridge for 1 hours.
5. Melt dark chocolate and pour on top of the slab. Top with desiccated coconut. Pop into the freezer until the chocolate has hardened.
6. Chop the bars according to the size you want and trade. Enjoy!!